Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
• Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and automobile insurance.
• General education sufficient to understand and observe written and oral instructions, directions and safety rules.
• Previous experience in grounds-care helpful.
• Training in lawn maintenance and landscaping equipment, excavation safety -- all on the job training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
• Application of on-the-job training in procedures and safety
• Basic edging and trimming equipment operation and repair.
• Acquiring necessary skills from on-the-job training.
• Bilingual English/Spanish.
• Complete job on own after initial instruction from Supervisor.
• Write, read, and follow instructions.
• Lift heavy objects and equipments.
• Lift objects weighing a minimum of 50 pounds unassisted and be able to lift heavier objects with the aid of other grounds workers.
• Handle grave set-ups, tins and sod carefully.
• Operate standard office equipment and computer.
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please send the email with the following subject line:
Your First & Last Name, Grounds Worker, San Fernando Mission - Mission Hills
WALK IN APPLICATIONS WELCOME