Description: Support Staff provides information and assistance to cemetery patrons regarding cemetery property, policies and practices. Support Staff also works with parish priests and mortuary officials; performs clerical work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
• Assists Manager on correspondence regarding complaints from patrons, suppliers and other companies.
• May assist Manager with answering mail regarding locations, genealogy and business matters.
• Assists patrons with questions and concerns or refers to Manager for resolution.
• Tracks inventory of office supplies and orders supplies as needed with the approval of the Manager.
• Completes forms for dis-interments and re-interments.
• Completes affidavit of heirs and/or release of interest forms as needed.
• Prepares in-house and FCP Certificate of Ownership and forwards to patrons.
• Processes and verifies daily burial and memorial permits.
• Prepares daily pending interment list and board.
• Maintains grave, crypt, and niche count for monthly and yearly inventory.
• Obtains burial permits from the Health Department.
• Performs varied and general clerical work including typing, filing and answering telephones.
• Types interments and grave index cards.
• Supports in the FSP/FCP area with processing of contracts.
• May be required to interpret and/or translate for families in Spanish, as needed.
• May assume the responsibilities of the Accounting Assistant, as needed.
• May assume duties from the FSP Counselor when they are not available to assist families and mortuaries.
• Performs other duties as assigned.