Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Previous Cemetery sales experience or at least 1 year sales related experience.
• Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and automobile insurance.
• Ability to travel to local sites for meetings and appointments to make presentations in client homes.
• Depending on funding vehicle for products sold, may require a life insurance license or the ability to obtain a license. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
• Bilingual English & Spanish.
• Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Must be able to read and interpret Cemeteries policies, procedures, contracts and customer files such as interment right records.
• Provide excellent customer service skills by responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, co-workers or members of the business community.
• Effectively present information to patron family members, co-workers and management.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Experience using CRM and HMIS.
• Ability to follow multiple pending requests through to completion.
• Ability to organize and coordinate projects.
• Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages and to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
• Proficiency in data entry and reconciliation techniques.
• Ability to concentrate and complete moderately complex forms.
• Work independently with initiative and little supervision.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Understanding of Christian Burial in the Catholic Church.
• Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and diplomacy. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
• Requires ability to frequently lift or move objects up to 30 pounds.
• Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
• Ability to express or exchange information by means of the spoken word. HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must fill out an application, which can be found on the Archdiocese website at:http://www.la-archdiocese.org/org/hr/Documents/EmploymentApplication.pdf
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Please send the email with the following subject line:
Your First & Last Name, Preplanning Counselor, Santa Clara Cemetery