Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
• Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration preferred. In the absence of a degree, have the appropriate managerial, supervisory, and administrative work experience within the death care industry.
• At least 5-years of experience in all phases of business management, office administration, and supervision.
• Experience managing cemetery and funeral home combination location(s).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
• Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
• Develop and implement long and short term plans to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of cemetery operations.
• Assure compliance with established cemetery policies, regulations, directives and requirements.
• Prepare, review and analyze financial and statistical data.
• Preparing and controlling operating budgets.
• History of positive leadership, good judgment and management skills.
• History of meeting/exceeding operational targets.
• Experience in customer service and conflict resolution.
• Self-starter, flexible, challenge oriented and personable.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and create a team atmosphere.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
• Availability and willingness to travel daily within the Archdiocese of Los Angeles area, occasional overnight stay may be required.
• Position involves periods of sitting, standing and/or walking, including walking of cemetery grounds.
• Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 20 pounds.