The Webmaster represents the Archbishop, the Archdiocese, and the Digital Office as instructed by the CDO, Director of Digital and Sr. Manager, Digital Development in the management and maintenance of responsive sites and platforms connected to the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. The Webmaster will also be responsible for supporting the supporting CDO/Senior Developer/Designer in implementing an enterprise web strategy.
The Associate Developer will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Digital Development and the Associate Web Developer and will work across the Archdiocese in support of the multiple different Archdiocesan departments, parishes and schools, including but not limited to: Advancement/Development, Life, Justice and Peace, Vocations, Office for Women Religious, Catholic Cemeteries, Catholic Schools, and Parishes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
● Generate and revise web pages.
● Regulate and manage access rights of different users on website.
● Create and modify appearance and setting of site.
● Lay out content on web pages.
● Test websites to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use.
● Fix links that don't work and pictures that aren't appearing properly.
● Decide how site's content will be delivered to the Internet.
● Keep files small so sites load faster.
● Test different browsers and ensure people with different computers can access a website.
● Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
● Image re-sizing, re-touching and compression
● Performs a variety of task, works under pressure and general supervision.
● A great deal of creativity and latitude is expected
● Must be able to balance multiple projects
● Must be able to deliver projects against tight deadlines
● High personal integrity and professionalism
● Passionate about results and achieving success
● Enjoys success in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
● Able to manage multiple, competing priorities
● Strong interpersonal, writing, verbal, and communication skills