Senior Manager, Digital Media
The Catholic Church has an incredible story to tell, and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles has embarked as the first of its kind in the world to reach souls where they are and establish best practices to share with the Global Church. The Senior Manager, plays an integral role in continuing to build upon this vision which began 3 years ago. The Senior Manager is a jack/jill-of-all-trades, passionate about the Church with professional experience in digital and social media. The Senior Manager supports the Director of Digital and Chief Digital Officer, interfaces with clients and works alongside our community managers, graphic designers, videographers, photographers, web developers and more.
Be a part of a team that is changing the way the Church tells her story.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee operational performance of accounts, ensuring quality work (Accounts/Clients are the ministries of the Church, other dioceses, schools & parishes, etc.).
• Play major role in creation of communications & marketing plans and goals; manage against them
• As assigned, serve as daily client contact for and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
• Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content
• Demonstrate tactical proficiency in digital and social media
• Work alongside staff and supervise their work by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable
• Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new capabilities, building network of industry contacts and participating in relevant professional organizations
• Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals
• Works hand in hand with the Director of Digital to develop client campaigns.
• Works alongside the analytics team, making sure we are effectively measuring against the goals and strategic plan.
• Works alongside graphic designer, photographer, videographer in content development and distribution process.
• Oversees and provides strategic management of all social media activities, making sure the social content team is aligned with our strategic goals based upon the analytics and client feedback.
• Supports digital copy and content development as needed for distribution on social media channels including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
• Build relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners to meet client & team needs; Regularly meets with new technology vendors and potential technology partners.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
• Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• 3+ years of professional experience in digital and social.
• Experience involving regular client and creative interaction needed; agency experience preferred.
• Developing small and major marketing and communications plans.
• Proven ability to manage projects, work independently and as a team.
• English fluency; Spanish fluency preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Conditions affecting the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and the Catholic Church.
• Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
• Understanding of design, video, social, email processes & programs (Adobe Photoshop/InDesign, Final Cut Pro, Mailchimp, etc.); basic use of programs preferred.
• Working on many different tasks, project, accounts during any given day or week.
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
• Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking with internal teams and communicating presenting to clients.
• Being attentive to detail, prepared, responsive, proactive and timely.
• Troubleshooting when needed and being solution-oriented.
Please submit the email with the following subject line:
Your First & Last Name, Senior Manager, Digital Media, Communications
3424 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90010
FAX: 213) 637-6115