The Archdiocese of Los Angeles Web Portal
Administrative Assistant – Operations
Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels
The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels
in Downtown Los Angeles is seeking an Administrative Assistant for operations in the Parish Office, to perform diverse administrative and secretarial duties in support of Cathedral Business Manager and Cathedral Director of Facilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform office duties such as answering telephone calls and taking messages, copying, collating and distributing reports, ordering and distributing supplies, etc.Uses word processing equipment/software to take and transcribe dictation, or type from handwritten material or rough draft copy; reviews drafts and finished documents to ensure correct grammar and spelling; edits for clarity or effectiveness.
- Composes correspondence, reports and memos with minimal input from supervisor; prepares invoices for review and approval.
- Sets up and maintains files (including confidential), vendor lists, procedure books and other records.
- Acts as liaison between superior and his/her subordinates to give and receive information relative to assigned projects; follows up to ensure they accomplish work projects as planned.
- Acts as information source on department policies and procedures; interprets data and events; may develop new clerical methods to handle data and document procedures as necessary.
- Performs research to obtain information; collates, organizes and summarizes data for review and action by others.
- Maintains calendars; arranges and coordinates meetings and appointment schedules.
- May supervise the daily activities of clerical staff including assigning and reviewing work and providing training and direction as necessary.
- Coordinates meetings or events including developing/preparing invitations or other documents; prepares mailings; arranges/coordinates meeting places and refreshments.
- May perform written or verbal translation (English/Spanish) as necessary.
- Assumes related duties as required.
- Must have excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and function well under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Proficiency on written and oral communication both in English and Spanish.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Programs.
- Typing speed sufficient to meet production requirements (minimum of 60 wpm).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years of experience in increasingly responsible clerical/administrative positions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must download and complete the following Employment Application (PDF): http://www.olacathedral.org/jobs/Employment_Application.pdf
The completed application must be submitted, along with a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send the email with the following subject line:
QUESTIONS / APPLICATION CONTACT:
"Your First & Last Name - Administrative Assistant OLA Cathedral"
Information/Application Contact:Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels
555 W. Temple Street
Los Angeles CA 90012