Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
· Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and automobile insurance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
· Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
· Must be able to read and interpret Mortuary policies, procedures, contracts and customer files such as interment right records.
· Provide excellent customer service skills by responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, co-workers or members of the business community.
· Effectively present information to patron family members, co-workers and management.
· Ability to follow multiple pending requests through to completion.
· Ability to organize and coordinate projects.
· Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages and to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
· Ability to concentrate and complete moderately complex forms.
· Work independently with initiative and little supervision.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Understanding of Christian Burial in the Catholic Church.
· Sit for sustained periods of time on a daily basis.
· Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping, and walking.
· Requires ability to frequently lift or move objects 50 pounds or more.
· Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hands, and arms.
· Ability to express or exchange information by means of the spoken word.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must fill out an application, which can be found on the Archdiocese website at:
Please submit the email with the following subject line:
Your First & Last Name, Funeral Services Assistant, Holy Cross, Culver City