St. John Bosco High School is a private, boy’s Catholic high school owned and operated by the Salesians of Don Bosco.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably with a major in Mathematics or a related field),
• Experience: At least two years of experience as a teacher in a comprehensive high school setting,
• Knowledge of and advocacy for the mission of Catholic Education.
• Master Degree in Mathematics, or a related field,
• Credential: General Secondary or Single Subject in Mathematics,
• Bilingual speaking, reading, and writing abilities (Spanish).
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
• Instructs Mathematics content and skills using a student-centered approach guided by the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
• Instructs students in basic communication skills and other general elements of the course of study common to all teachers.
• Adapts material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge students.
• Evaluates each student's progress in Math skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) using a wide- array of formative and summative assessments.
• Collaborates with colleagues within the Math Department (as well as colleagues in other academic departments) on curriculum and pedagogy.
• Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
• Establishes and maintains the cooperation of the school administration standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
• Maintains professional competence through participation in service education activities provided by the school and/or self-selected professional growth activities.
• Identifies student needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems.
• Regularly communicates with parents and school counselors on the individual student's progress.
• Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
• Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs within the school, and with specified educational partners.
• Performs basic attendance accounting and business services as required.
• Shares in the sponsorship of student activities and participates in faculty committees.
• Performs other significant duties as may be reasonably assigned.