The Construction Department for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles acts as a primary source of information for parishes, schools and other Archdiocesan staff on construction-related projects.
The Construction Department manages activities involved in the construction of new buildings, major maintenance and remodeling projects throughout the Archdiocese to ensure lowest cost commensurate with quality, safety and time schedule.
Our staff is well-versed in the Construction industry. We serve as liaisons for Parishes and Schools and can provide assistance in:
- Construction Processes/Methods
- Construction Project Oversight/Consultation
- Construction Contracts: hiring Architects, Engineers, and Contractors.
- Coordinating and expediting Emergency Repairs
- Reviewing Repair Requests
- Construction scope value-engineering
- Assist in ensuring compliance with local building codes.
- Coordinating Maintenance/Repairs of Facilities
- Archdiocesan Policies and Procedures
Resources & Additional information:
Chapter 7 of the Archdiocesan Administrative Handbooks provides helpful information regarding the use, maintenance and construction of facilities. In addition to providing archdiocesan policies and procedures, the handbook provides useful resources including contract templates and sample agreements.
Archdiocese of Los Angeles
3424 Wilshire Boulevard, 6th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90010-2241
(213) 637-7850 main phone number
John Chee, Director
(213) 637-7858 phone
(213) 637-6858 fax
Cecilia Uribe, Associate Director
(213) 637-7855 phone
(213) 637-6855 fax