All clergy, paid parish/school personnel and volunteers who work regularly in a supervisory role with children or youth must be fingerprinted. For more information, call us at: (213) 637-7680.
LOGOS - V.P.I.N.
The Volunteer and Paid Personnel Information Network (VPIN) database maintains records of fingerprinting, training and other requirements. For information on VPIN training, call us at: (213) 637-7308.
VPIN Access Request Form.pdf
Forms of Valid Photo Identification
Effective June 1, 2016, the Matriculate Consular may not be used as primary or secondary ID for validating the applicant prior to fingerprinting. The Matriculate Consular ID can only be accepted for the purpose of Child Placement ONLY.
Acceptable PRIMARY forms of photo identification include any of the following (the expiration date has not elapsed):
California Driver's License
Department of Motor Vehicles Identification Card
Out-of-State Driver's License
PRIMARY form of identification, one or more of the following as SECONDARY forms of Identification, but ONLY with SUPPLIMENTAL DOCUMENTSIn the absence of a
State Government Issued Certificate of Birth
U.S. Active Duty/Retiree/Reservist Military Identification Card
Federal Government Personal Identity Verification Card (PIV)
Department of Defense Common Access Card
U.S. Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Identification Card
Social Security Card
Court Order for Name Change/Gender Change/Adoption/Divorce Marriage Certificate (Government Issued)
U.S. Government Issued Consular Report of Birth Abroad
Foreign Passport with Appropriate Immigration Document(s)
Certificate of Citizenship (N560)
Certificate of Naturalization (N550)
INS I-551 - Resident Alien Card Issued Since 1997
INS I-688 - Temporary Resident Identification Card
INS I-688B, I-766 Employment Authorization Card
TWO of the following SUPPLIMENTAL DOCUMENTSSECONDARY identification documents must be supported by at least
Utility Bil (Address)
Jurisdictional Voter Registration Card
Vehicle Registration Card/Title
Paycheck Stub with Name/Address
Jurisdictional Public Assistance Card
Cancelled Check or Bank Statement
Fingerprinting Schedule & Locations
The following are updated monthly schedules offering dates, hours, and addresses of fingerprinting locations in all five regions in our Archdiocese. Phone numbers are included with each site to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting. (Click on the blue file name below to download. Forms are provided in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print. Download Acrobat Reader for Free.)
Please often check the schedule a week prior to your fingerprinting date. Schedule may change a week in advance. Using an Ipad/tablet/smartphone may not completely allow you to view the rest of the documents.
Please remember that each site now has duplicate forms that the applicant can fill out on site. One copy is kept by the operator and one is for the applicant’s record as a proof of compliance.
Schedules are subject to change. It is not recommended not to
print the calendars for posting. Please visit this page as regularly as
Appointments are still necessary to facilitate a smooth operation in the field. We appreciate that every parish and ministry wants to cooperate fully with Archdiocesan policies in providing a safe environment and we are aware that appointments can be difficult to find because the schedules fill up rapidly. Please emphasize the importance of keeping an appointment or calling in advance to cancel so that others can be given the opportunity to be fingerprinted.
We thank you in advance for your patience as we move towards our common goal: protecting the faithful of the future.
How to host fingerprinting at your facility
1 - Select a date with "Schedule is open for hosting" in the calendars below.
2 - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Requested
- Your Pastoral Region
- Church/School/Facility Name
- Room or Hall Name
- Phone number for people to call in for appointment
3 - Receive confirmation email with appointment sheet from Fingerprinting Department
4 - Check calendar at website for accuracy and advice for changes
5 - Take appointments
6 - Email appointment sheet to Fingerprinting two days prior to fingerprinting date.
Schedules are subject to change. It is not recommended not to print the calendars for posting. Please visit this page as regularly as possible.
How to Use the Applicant Questionnaire
Questionnaire is for applicant fingerprinting through 3rd Party live scan provider only
1. Download the Applicant Questionnaire located below and save it on your desktop. Do not print the form and answer the questions.
2. You must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. Go to your desktop and open the Applicant Questionnaire. Answer and fill in the applicant’s demographic and personal information. Please do not leave anything blank. If the answer is not applicable, please enter "N/A".
3. Save the filled Applicant Questionnaire using the applicant's LAST NAME FIRST NAME format (eg. "SMITH JOHN".PDF) and email it to email@example.com.
4. The Fingerprinting Department is committed to returning a filled Live Scan Request Form as quickly as possible. The normal turnaround should be less than an hour. The applicant will receive the Request for Live Scan Service from Fingerprinting Department.
5. Print out the Request for Live Scan Request Form and present it to any third party live scan provider with proper documentation(s). Upon completion of fingerprint process,
applicant must return a copy of the signed Request for Live Scan Form to the Director of Religious Education (DRE) and email PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Fingerprinting Department will enter the information into the Volunteer and Personnel Information Network (VPIN).
7. Once the California Department of Justice clears the background check on the applicant, VPIN will be updated to reflect the status of the applicant. Each school and parishes have authorized VPIN user to see if applicant has cleared background check for ministry.
Fingerprinting Department Contacts
Return to Human Resources Department main page.