Appointments are still necessary to facilitate a smooth operation in the field. We appreciate that every parish and ministry wants to cooperate fully with Archdiocesan policies in providing a safe environment and we are aware that appointments can be difficult to find because the schedules fill up rapidly. Please emphasize the importance of keeping an appointment or calling in advance to cancel so that others can be given the opportunity to be fingerprinted.
We thank you in advance for your patience as we move towards our common goal: protecting the faithful of the future.
1. Download the Applicant Questionnaire located below and save it on your desktop. Do not print the form and answer the questions.
2. You must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. Go to your desktop and open the Applicant Questionnaire. Answer and fill in the applicant’s demographic and personal information. Please do not leave anything blank. If the answer is not applicable, please enter "N/A".
3. Save the filled Applicant Questionnaire using the applicant's LAST NAME FIRST NAME format (eg. "SMITH JOHN".PDF) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The Fingerprinting Department is committed to returning a filled Live Scan Request Form as quickly as possible. The normal turnaround should be less than an hour. The applicant will receive the Request for Live Scan Service from Fingerprinting Department.
5. Print out the Request for Live Scan Request Form and present it to any third party live scan provider with proper documentation(s). Upon completion of fingerprint process,
applicant must return a copy of the signed Request for Live Scan Form to the Director of Religious Education (DRE) and email PDF format to email@example.com.
6. Fingerprinting Department will enter the information into the Volunteer and Personnel Information Network (VPIN).
7. Once the California Department of Justice clears the background check on the applicant, VPIN will be updated to reflect the status of the applicant. Each school and parishes have authorized VPIN user to see if applicant has cleared background check for ministry.